Thursday, June 11, 2009

Summer Lovin'

I don't know about you, but when summer eventually (FINALLY!) rolls around, I start getting the itch to have lots of BBQ parties with our friends...I love entertaining and having people over, and getting everything all decorated and set up for the bash is my favorite part...We're fortunate our back deck is covered with shade, b/c the sun sets in the front of the house, so it's always nice and shaded in our back yard on those warm and cozy evenings...

I found some decorating inspiration below...I'd like to pull some ideas from these for our own soirees! LOL

These beautiful arrangements can be found at HGTV, and they are to die for...

This first one I love because of the calming, cool color combo...the white furniture, pale seashells, and light blue plates and glasses...It's absolutely beautiful!


I love the bright punch of colors used in this also...The big leafy fern, the adorable throw pillows, and the reds used on the tablescape...I love how they mixed in different colors and patterns...It all works so well together!



This one is a nice and simple setting for an intimate dinner affair...It wouldn't be too hard to buy a few different small pillows for your chairs, and have a couple of brightly colored chargers to place your settings on...I love it. (Having the pool nearby wouldn't be bad, either!)


Hope you have a fabulous kick-off to summer!

Do you have any easy entertaining tips or tricks?

Photobucket

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I love the second one! It makes me want to grab an ice cold bev and enjoy some summer evenings, too!