Friday, June 19, 2009

Finished!


Just finished the reading the sweetest little novel…I just bought it the night before last while I was at the grocery store: “Sundays at Tiffany’s” by James Patterson. I absolutely loved his “Suzanne’s Diary for Nicholas,” so when I saw this one, I thought I’d give it a whirl…I showed it to a co-worker who also has an affinity for reading, and she said that it has actually been on the best-sellers list for a while…so anyway. It was a quick little read, especially on a slow day, and I really really enjoyed it. The premise is the story of a now-grown woman, Jane, who has been unable to forget or move on from her dear friendship with her imaginary childhood friend, Michael, (who is in his 30’s.) {Some people who had written reviews for this book said that at first, it was a little creepy for a 30 yr old to be a little girls’ imaginary friend, but I thought it was sweet. At that point in her life, he was just like a guardian angel.} She is the daughter of a successful Broadway producer, and Michael is pretty much her only friend, sharing ice cream sundae’s with her while her mother is visiting with friends, too busy to bother with her little girl. He leaves her on her 9th birthday (which is how it’s supposed to go with imaginary friends, apparently), and tells her that when she wakes up the next morning, he’ll be nothing more than a dream to her. Well, little did he know that for the next 23 years, she would think about him every day. And he, her. And then, one day in New York, the unimaginable happens!

Loved the story, and I won’t ruin it for those of you who may want to read it, but her 9th birthday party is not the end of Jane and Michael’s story! :)


Photobucket

No comments: