Tuesday, July 5, 2011

So by now, through Facebook/Twitter/etc and word of mouth, I'm sure everyone has seen the verdict heard 'round the world: Casey Anthony was found "not guilty" of killing her two year old daughter Caylee. I was SO upset when watching Headline News live. I just couldn't understand. The only thing that brings me comfort is knowing little Caylee is in a much better place now, and WHOEVER did kill her will one day face the ultimate Judgement, as I and every other person on Earth will. (This is my blog, my faith. If you take offense, maybe you should read elsewhere.) Anyway, just had to get that off my chest.








On a much lighter note, I've been meaning to post about our recent adventures but have been busy and distracted. However, here it is! My mother and I recently went to Lexington for a little girl's day out. We started the day with a fantastic lunch at this place: Flag Fork Herb Farm & Garden. For those of you familiar with, I'm sure you will agree that this place is de-freakin-licious and absolultely adorable at the same time. It's one of my favorite places to eat. They offer farm fresh high quality food, including quiche, chicken salad, sandwhiches, soup, and more.




Here are some highlights:




(I apologize for iPhone quality pics! LOL I really need a point-n-shoot camera!)




Flag Fork is located at 900 N. Broadway. Reservations are recommended (for a good reason!) and they can be made by calling 859-252-6837.




This is the front entrance:







They have gifts scattered through out this 1790's house, including the upstairs rooms. Here are a few things that caught my eye:



Vintage handbags, seen in the upstairs gallery-





Original artwork:



Adorable little girl accessories!



Teasets, stationary, and much more!





Mom & Little Miss exploring the gardens located in the back of the restaurant and gift shop-





She's got her shades on and ready to go to the next stop!







We had a great day...I have an adorable necklace to show for it too...I'll have to remember to get a pic of it to show you lovelies!



Our next stops included two awesome shops...Feather Your Nest and Street Scene. Post and pics from those to come soon! :)

No comments: